Friday, February 15, 2008

My CNY

I guess it's still not too late to blog about my CNY celebration this year round right?

I went into the holiday worrying about my mid-sem exam and Math assignment (it's true! it's true!). With the exam being held on chor 6, I had to revise in between gambling sessions. But when I went back to UKM, the lecturer told us that the exam had been postponed! Because Pak Lah came and hijacked our exam hall. Grr....Thanks for making my CNY so gloomy,En Zaki.

Nevertheless, CNY still need to be celebrated. Exams or no exams.

On New Year's eve, after the customary reunion dinner, we head down to Petaling Street for prayers as always. We will go to Kwan Tai Miu for prayers without fail every year. Roads leading to KL centre were eerily deserted. Almost like New York city in 'I am Legend', minus the zombies of course.

Temple's entrance. One step beyond & you will be teary eye in no time, due to the smoke.

It's not called Kwan Tai Miu for nothing, just look at the gigantic Kwan Kung knife on the bottom left corner of the pic. This is the knife I said I wanted to borrow (Wei Sung you better beware hehe) Managed to lift it twice & it's darn heavy.


Rows upon rows of joss sticks

My sis taking pics for her assignment with the Simon Yam camera. My dad acted as her bodyguard.

On the 1st day of New Year, we went to watch Stephen Chow's CJ7 at Pavilion. Watching movies during CNY had become some sort of a ritual for us in recent years. It's kinda funny but not in a classic Stephen Chow kind of way. In fact he is serious throughout the movie. No wackiness from him *sigh* But, at least we can be thankful it won't be as bad as another CNY movie, Himalaya Singh * shudders*

Lanterns along Bintang Walk. Pretty Pretty.

We even saw some guys in a break dancing battle just outside BB Plaza. Quite a crowd, eh?



The 2nd day were always the most lucrative as we went to visit my mother's relatives. While I spent chor 3 going to my gf's hometown in Semenyih. Before I knew it, it was back to school again.....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails